It’s Heritage Month – the perfect time for braai queen Mynie Steffens to release her new book Mynie Plays with Fire! Mynie is a self-confessed braai addict and has been cooking over fire since the age of 10. She says: ‘Everything tastes so much better when it’s cooked over fire… I’ll use any excuse to organise an epic, all-day braai.’
Using the experience she gained on her travel and braai TV show Mynie speel met vuur, and from catering for private braai events, Mynie extended some of these playful ideas even further. The happy result is this stunning cookbook featuring brilliant braai-tasting menus for the best braai entertainment ever. From the menu themes to accompanying music playlists and fun facts – plus the delicious and quirky recipes themselves – Mynie invites you to have fun as you play with your braais.
Whether you’re a braai virgin or you consider yourself a braai expert, why not join the party and learn new tricks the Mynie way?
Contents include: For the Love of Braai; Braai Virgins; Braai Teenagers; All Surf, No Turf; Braai Masters; Olof Bergh Braai; Pick-Up Sticks; Social Butterflies; Tree Huggers; Vegi-Curious; and Stranger Things.
In Mynie Plays with Fire you can look forward to:
• 70 delicious and inventive tasting menus of recipes for braai entertaining;
• Guidelines for easy and logical preparation, as well as tips;
• Information on how to braai and build a fire, whether using charcoal, wood or briquettes;
• Links for fun Spotify music playlists to create the best atmosphere at your braais;
• Fun and informative ‘Did you know?’ inserts;
• Photographs in full colour.
Mynie Plays with Fire is available at bookstores countrywide and online. The book is also available in Afrikaans as Mynie speel met vuur (Penguin Random House South Africa). Find more information on Mynie’s titles and other cookbooks at www.penguinrandomhouse.co.za